Sunday, August 7, 2011

More Improvements - Faster Loading and Even More Art Per Page

I spent the day ripping, gutting, tearing, and generally delicately tweaking the code that generates the pages with the painting thumbnails, and was able to squeeze so much more performance out of them that I have bumped the per-page painting count from 60 up to 100. The Day's Art page, however still shows 150 per page. This will show more artists at a time before requiring buyers to go to the next page of paintings.

Please let me know if you don't see a net increase in the speed of loading of the Featured, Art, and The Day's Art pages.

- David

2 comments:

  1. Hi David,
    I'm a Member, not a Featured Artist, and I haven't seen a difference. I post after midnight every night and my offering is always cut off the front page. In fact, there's no way to advance to a second page unless I go back to the top of the page and go to The Day's Art. Essentially, when I open each morning's mail that hits my box around 4:00 my painting is never there. I understand that late postings are at the end, but to have no way to get TO them seems unfair. Otherwise I'm delighted with what you have provided. Thank you for doing all you do for us.
    Carol Keene

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi again,
    It appears my server is at fault. It's nothing I should have addressed with you. IT is limiting the number of images. I'll make the adjustment here. You've done a fine job. Thank you for all you do.
    Carol Keene, again.

    ReplyDelete