Sunday, November 13, 2011

Daily Paintworks Improvements...

I am always looking for ways to improve the site. Over and over again I have been reminded that one of the best ways to attract new and returning traffic is to have a site that is very dynamic.

Unfortunately, our front page, which had shown the most recent work of all our featured artists, was not, since on average only 1 out of 5 of our featured artists posted a new painting on a given day.

To increase how dynamic the front page is, Daily Paintworks will now show what was posted on the previous day, with the featured artists on top followed by the general members. The front page will now always show what's new.

You will still be able to click on the "Featured Artists" link to view the latest work of all of the featured artists, and click the "Search All Art" link to easily search through all our art.

One thing this means is our general members will now be able to be on the front page simply by posting. And, they can increase their exposure by posting often.

- David

15 comments:

  1. Thank you! This is going to be fantastic!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds great David. Appreciate that you are working so hard and always looking to make the DPW site the best place to be and that in itself is dynamic!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. it surely is a great challenge to make this great site even better. Thank you very much for all your efforts!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You are very flexible and respond to the different situations in positive ways. I am pleased about this move as I have not missed a day since I started. The price increase is still a bargain!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks, David - what a nice addition to the page!

    I do have a question, though, and just dome food for thought - it would appear that the non-featured artists (of which I am one) are listed alphabetically. Any chance that you can mix them up, so that the artists who fall at the end of the alphabet will sometimes load up closer to the top of the page? Not every visitor will scroll through all the artwork, so it could be a disadvantage to have an end-of-the-alphabet last name.

    Thanks again! I love being a part of this site.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you all for the feedback - I very much appreciate it!

    Kimberly, while the artists are listed in alphabetical order, they do rotate each day so that each artist will have time up at the top.

    - David

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great idea to put daily paintings at the front page for the buyers. They will probably check more often now, and continue to seek out their own favorites who may not be posting daily. I think the fresher look will be a big draw for the entire site and membership. Thanks David and Carol!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Fabulous! Thank you so much! I can see a difference in my views, particularly for posts that I don't have in an auction.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi David. I'm glad you're always looking for new and better ways to do things.I'm not crazy about this one though. It is difficult to find an artist without going into their whole site since there is no order and not all of us get on the front page, so followers have to search. Seems like just one more step and could discourage daily lookers.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thank you for this change - I think it definitely gives an incentive to post more often!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thanks David for keeping the site fresh.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thanks so much for making this change, David. It means that those who post often have the best visibility on the site no matter who they are. Makes sense to me. Up until now I very much appreciated being able to list on DPW rather than EBay, but being one of over 500 regular members meant I was lost in the crowd. Now I feel like my work might get noticed. Thanks so much.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Thanks for everything you have done for us all on this site. Sending warmest wishes with gratitude for you and your loved ones to enjoy a fabulous 2012.

    ReplyDelete